Search website by keyword
Whether you are a traveller or airport employee, we are mindful of your health and safety at YYJ.
- 60 Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the air terminal building with additional stations being installed in July and August.
- All baggage carts are sanitized for your health and safety and can be located at any of the cart corrals in the terminal, front curb or in the parking lots.
- All public washrooms are on an enhanced cleaning schedule. All handles, countertops, sinks and toilets are sanitized every hour.
- All public areas are on an enhanced cleaning schedule. Areas are frequently sanitized with medical-grade cleaning products and electro-static cleaning devices in public areas including departures check-in area and all other high-touch points such as door handles, self-serve kiosks, stairway and escalator hand rails and elevators.
TravelSafeYYJ Fact Smart: The Chrisal probiotic textile spray in use protects surfaces for up to 48-hrs!
- Dedicated entrance and exit flow into and out of the air terminal building and directional arrows to minimize face-to-face interaction while moving.
- Floor and seating decals are located through the air terminal building reminding you to stay 2M/6ft apart. Please refrain from using the seating that have decals.
- Protective plexiglass shields have been installed at all airline check-in and gate counters, car rental service counters and retail and food & beverage locations.
- Seating areas have been reconfigured to reduce seating and area clearly separated to allow for physical distancing.
- Effective July 1, we will be limiting access to the air terminal building to passengers with valid ticket and airport employees ONLY. There are exceptions for those accompanying someone who requires extra assistance.
- Face coverings are to be worn by all passengers and employees in all public areas. This includes any members of the public that require access to the building. There are exceptions for individuals with medical conditions and for those under the age of two years old.
- Please wash your hands often or utilize the many hand sanitization stations.
- The departures curbside remains available for the convenient drop-off of passengers.
- The air terminal building rotunda and baggage claim area remains restricted access for passengers only.
- Short term parking remains FREE for family and friends to pick-up arriving passengers.
Retail and Food & Beverage Services
- Pre-security Tim Hortons is operating with reduced hours. 5:30 am - 1:30 pm.
- Pre-security Fickle Fig Farm Market open 5:00 am - 6:00 pm daily.
- Pre-security Breakwater Boutique news & gift shop is closed.
- Post-security Harbourwalk Shops is open from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm. A wide selection of PPE equipment and coffee and tea is available.
- Post-security food & beverage services remain closed at this time.
Parking and Ground Transportation
- Parking remains FREE in our Short Term Lot. We ask that passengers meet their party in the parking lot.
- Taxi service is available.
- Taxi vehicles are equipped with protective plexiglass shields and sanitized after each fare.
- Please do not sit in the front passenger seat unless you are part of one household or family.
- Public Transit is operating.
- Car Rentals are operating.
- Our Red Coat Volunteer Information Desk remains closed until further notice.
- International Currency Exchange (ICE) is open Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.