Search website by keyword
Services & Facilities
Red Coat Information Desk
Victoria Airport Authority is proud of the men and women who graciously volunteer their time to serve as Red Coat Airport Ambassadors. Named after their bright red blazers, the Red Coats provide invaluable assistance and hospitality to the travelling public and visitors by answering questions and providing assistance wherever they can. They are responsible for basic customer services including greeting travellers, assisting with directions and area information, ground transportation questions and basic flight information. The Red Coats can be found at the Information Desk located across from the rental car counters in the arrivals area. Hours of operation are Monday - Saturday 8:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. (Thursday and Friday in the Summer to 8:00 pm) and Sundays 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Air Terminal Building Hours
Doors are open from 03:00 - 01:00 however, we will open the domestic area if a passenger arrives early to catch their flight or arrives on a late or delayed flight and is scheduled to depart early the next morning
Victoria, BC is bike friendly! People do ride their bikes to the airport and arriving passengers do bring their bikes with them to the cycling capital of Canada. YYJ is committed to bicycle facilities that make enjoying getting to or from the airport as easy and safe as possible.
A multi-use path that connects to a regional trail system.
Bicycle assembly station - Located in the East of the Short Term Parking Lot, our bicycle assembly station includes a work bench, air pump, bicycle parking, and storage shed with cardboard bicycle boxes so you can take a box or leave one for someone else.
Secure bicycle storage - Ride, park, and fly? Four bicycle storage lockers can be accessed by visiting our Airport Security Building located just east of the terminal building. Cost is $2.00/day.
Tools - As an extra resource, a kit with basic bike tools is available for check-out at the Airport Security Building located just east of the terminal building.
ICE - International Currency Exchange
(250) 656-1266 - ICE - International Currency Exchange provides Foreign Currency, Travel Insurance, Pre-paid Credit Cards, Pre-paid SIM Cards and ATM services.
Hours of Operation are Daily 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Currently closed on Statutory Holidays.
ICE - International Currency Exchange is one of the largest and most respected retail currency exchange brands in the world, with an impressive 35+ year history. At the Victoria International Airport, ICE provides full service Foreign Exchange, Travel Insurance, Pre-paid Credit Cards, Pre-paid SIM cards and Automated Banking Machines.
Want to save money? Reserve your currency order online with “Click and collect”, an innovative, exclusive service, available at www.ice-canada.ca . This free online currency reservation service offers more than 25 major and exotic foreign currencies. Customers place their orders online for pick-up at any ICE location (including the Victoria Airport location), from 24 hours to a year ahead. No advance payments are required and customers pay only when picking up their orders. With this free service, customers receive many benefits including preferred rates and no services charges or fees. These exclusive benefits are only available to Click & Collect customers.
ICE also provides 3 ATM machines for quick cash withdrawals. Two machines are located pre-security, besides the ICE Currency Service counter and White Spot, and one machine is located post-security in the lower passenger departures lounge.
Lost and Found
(250) 953-7511- Lost and Found items that are found inside or outside the terminal building and in the parking areas of the Airport will be taken to the Airport Security Building located to the east of the main terminal building. Items may be claimed between 8:00 a.m.- 10:00 p.m.daily. Information regarding items may be received by calling (250) 953-7511 or contacting the Airport Security Commissionaires personally at the Airport Security Building.
At Victoria International Airport, NEXUS gives you a dedicated fast-track security lane. NEXUS cardholders can have access to a special pre-board security screening lane because they have been pre-cleared and determined to be a trusted traveller. Show your NEXUS card at the security checkpoint and you will be directed to the fast lane! Whether you are travelling to Canadian, US or any other international destination, NEXUS makes your airport experience even more convenient.
To apply for NEXUS, visit the CBSA website. The cost for a NEXUS card is $50 Canadian or $50 US per applicant which gives a five-year membership if approved.
The Victoria International Airport offers complimentary wireless internet service throughout its entire terminal.
1. Turn Wi-Fi on
2. Select the _YYJ Airport Free Wi-Fi network
3. Open browser
4. Accept terms and click submit
5. Happy browsing
For Customer Support: 1-855-200-WIFI (9434)
Pet Relief Area and Animals/Pets Policy
There are two areas designated as relieving areas for service animals on the grass berm located directly across from the air terminal building. These areas are equipped with waste bags and receptacles.
Service animals, animals travelling with their owners and animals/pets are permitted inside the Airport Terminal Building. Animals shall not be left at large on land which is not owned by the owner of the animal, permitted to cry or bark in a manner which disturbs peace or, confined in an enclosed space or vehicle without adequate ventilation. Owners of animals shall also be responsible for clean-up and removal of feces/urine.
Other Passenger Services
- A Telephone with heightened transmission capablities for the hearing impaired is located in the back of telephones in the Arrivals area just past the foreign currency exchange kiosk. Sit down telephones provide additional privacy and have data ports to accommodate lap top computers.
- Two automated bank machines. One is pre-security across from the giftshop and the second is post security in the lower passenger departure lounge.
- A Family Room is located across from the Breakwater Boutique before the pre-board screening checkpoint.
- Spinnakers Restaurant and Harbourwalk Shops after the pre-board screening checkpoint.
- A Children's Play Area is located in the upper passenger departure lounge.
- Business workstations and vending in the passenger departure lounge.
- Free baggage carts available inside and outside of the air terminal building for your convenience.
- Common Use Check-In kiosks for self serve check-in.
No Smoking Policy
Our No Smoking Policy prohibits smoking in all areas of the airport except at designated locations. Two smoking shelters located in the short term parking lot are the only designated areas where smoking will be permitted on airport property.