Search website by keyword
Extend Taxiway Echo East
Extend Taxiway Echo East 2019
Total Est. Cost: $4.3M
Construction Start Date: June 2019
Completion: October 2019
Taxiway Echo is the parallel taxiway serving Runway 09-27, the main runway used for commercial operations. The 2012 Master Plan identified extending this taxiway to the threshold of Runway 27 as a key operational project to complete.
The successful contractor for this project is C-1 Contractors. The contractor has mobilized and site excavation is underway. Construction will take place over the summer months with completion by the end of October.
The following is a summary of the key milestones to August 31, 2019:
- Excavation is well underway with the principal excavation complete
- Installation of sub-base material is progressing well
- Tie-in to threshold of Runway 27 is complete except for asphalt
- Night work for the installation adjacent to Runway 09-27 started at the beginning of August and will run until September 7, 2019
- Neighbouring home owners were notified of the night work
- Multiple abandoned services were uncovered, both known and unknown, with no safety issues arising
- Tie-in to the existing taxiway started September 3, 2019