Search website by keyword
Apron IV Expansion - Phase 4A
Apron IV Expansion - Phase 4A 2019
Total Est. Cost: $7.1M
Construction Start Date: May 2019
Completion: May 2020
Apron IV is the apron utilized for air carrier operations at the Air Terminal Building (ATB). Identified as a key component in the 2012 Master Plan as well as the 2014 Terminal Precinct Plan, this apron expansion will expand the parking stands available on the west side of the apron and is necessary to accommodate the next phase of ATB expansion to the west.
Detailed design for this project is complete. The project went out to tender by invitation and the successful proponent was Kinetic Construction.
The following is a summary of the key milestones to October 31, 2019:
- Excavation of all areas is now complete
- Installation of storm water drain piping and electrical piping installation is complete underneath the apron area
- The first of two lamp standards was installed
- All of the machine placed concrete was installed
- All of the transition slabs were poured
- The permanent weather office relocation is complete and is fully operational
- Drawings for relocated viewing area are out for costing