Search website by keyword
Apron IV Expansion - Phase 4A
Apron IV Expansion - Phase 4A 2019
Total Est. Cost: $7.1M
Construction Start Date: May 2019
Completion: December 2019
Apron IV is the apron utilized for air carrier operations at the Air Terminal Building (ATB). Identified as a key component in the 2012 Master Plan as well as the 2014 Terminal Precinct Plan, this apron expansion will expand the parking stands available on the west side of the apron and is necessary to accommodate the next phase of ATB expansion to the west.
Detailed design for this project is complete. The project went out to tender by invitation and the successful proponent was Kinetic Construction.
The following is a summary of the key milestones to November 27, 2019:
- All excavation is now complete
- Installation of storm water drain piping and electrical piping installation is complete. Waiting on a small pump station to arrive so glycol collection system can be completed. The station is scheduled to arrive November 29th
- Two of three lamp standards are installed, the final pole arrives November 29th
- All of the machine and hand placed concrete has now been installed
- Sawcutting and joint sealing for the concrete panels started November 18th
- Paving started November 21st
- Viewing area construction is underway