Federal Impact Assessment Act
VAA Lands are subject to the Federal Impact Assessment Act. Every project must be assessed to determine if it falls under the Impact Assessment Act. If it is determined that the proposed project will fall under the Act, an Environmental Protection Plan (EPP) created by an Environmental Professional will be required during the building permit phase before construction can begin. Updates to the Development and Building Permit Guidelines are underway.
Does Your Project Need an Architect?
On February 10, 2023, the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) transitioned to the Professional Governance Act. This resulted in the repeal of the Architects Act and introduced several new regulatory documents. We encourage you to review these documents to determine if your project will need an architect. If you have any questions regarding the requirement to engage the services of an architect for your project, please reach out directly to AIBC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-305-2699.
- Building Permit Guidelines
- Authority to Act as Agent
- Building Permit – Schedule of Fees (BP1)
- Building Permit Application Form (BP2)
- License to Use Drawings (BP3)
- Applicable Codes & Standards (BP4)
- Small Scope Letters of Assurance (BP5)
- Small Scope Permit Letter of Compliance for Construction Completion (BP6)
- Building Permit Application Checklist (BP7)
- Building Permit – Interim Occupancy Guidelines (BP8)
- Occupancy Application Checklist (BP9)
- Sign Permit Application Form (SP1)