Land for Lease at Victoria International Airport
Victoria Airport Authority is actively seeking companies to develop vacant land at our premium facility. As a primary economic generator in the region with a large base of aviation, industrial and hi-tech businesses, Victoria International Airport is well positioned for further growth.
Top Ten Advantages to locating YOUR business at YYJ
- Strategically Located
- Competitive Lease Rates
- Multiple Land Use Types- serves a variety of development opportunities
- Responsive development approval process as the controlling authority
- Connectivity to multiple transportation service providers and networks
- Variety of parcel sizes to suit development requirements
- Five minutes to downtown Sidney and 20 minutes to downtown Victoria
- Victoria averages 308 days with some bright sunshine per year making it the 6th sunniest city in Canada. While the west coast is known for lots of rainfall, Victoria receives half that of Vancouver.
- Located in one of the fastest growing areas of British Columbia with business forward zoning to encourage new business opportunities in the areas of hi-tech and logistics
- Available long-term leases provide business stability
Permitted Uses and Permitting
Victoria Airport Authority (VAA) Land Development
- Land Use Plan and Permitted Uses Document
- Permitting Process Road Map
- Federal Impact Assessment Act
- VAA Lands are subject to the Federal Impact Assessment Act. Every project must be assessed to determine if it falls under the Impact Assessment Act. If it is determined that the proposed project will fall under the Act, an Environmental Protection Plan (EPP) created by an Environmental Professional will be required during the building permit phase before construction can begin. Updates to the Development and Building Permit Guidelines are underway.
Building permit guidelines
- Building Permit Guidelines
- Authority to Act as Agent
- Building Permit – Schedule of Fees (BP1)
- Building Permit Application Form (BP2)
- License to Use Drawings (BP3)
- Applicable Codes & Standards (BP4)
- Small Scope Letters of Assurance (BP5)
- Small Scope Permit Letter of Compliance for Construction Completion (BP6)
- Building Permit Application Checklist (BP7)
- Building Permit – Interim Occupancy Guidelines (BP8)
- Occupancy Application Checklist (BP9)
- Sign Permit Application Form (SP1)
Located on the Saanich Peninsula approximately 25 KM north of Victoria, the Airport provides onsite businesses with ready access to Patricia Bay Highway (Route #17), BC Ferries and of course, air transportation.
We offer competitive lease rates and are looking to establish long term relationships with companies who wish to locate or expand their business at YYJ.
With fantastic local amenities, close proximity to suppliers and transportation, YYJ could be an ideal location for your business.
To find out more about leasing at YYJ or to inquire about current development opportunities, please contact as at: email@example.com