Search website by keyword
Arrival and Check-In
- Parking lots are located in close proximity to the Airport Terminal Building and offer designated accessible parking spaces for people with special needs. These spaces are closest to the Terminal Building and the various crosswalks. Click here to view our printable Parking Guide. Click here to view our Interactive Parking Guide.
- Designated curbside areas are available for dropping off passengers with special needs.
- Airport Terminal Building entrances are equipped with automated sliding doors.
- Lowered check-in ticket counter ledges have been incorporated into the counters for wheelchair accessibility.
- Commissionaires are located throughout the Airport Terminal Building and are available to assist passengers if needed. They provide site security services, offer directions, can identify locations of TTY telephones, assist with obtaining wheelchairs, and providing an escort through the Air Terminal Building.
- The Airport Terminal Building has Red Coat Host Volunteers which are stationed at the Information Desk located in the Arrivals area. They are easily identified by their bright red blazer and are available to offer assistance or locate a Commissionaire if required. Volunteers are on site Monday to Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m and on Sundays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In July & August - Monday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday until 7:00 pm. Click here for more information about our Red Coat Volunteer Hosts
- Wheelchair service is available by the Air Carrier from the check-in area to the departure gate and onto the aircraft. Advance notice to the Air Carrier when making the flight reservation is helpful. Electric cart service is not available.
- Accessible inter-terminal transportation is not applicable at the Victoria International Airport. There is only one passenger terminal.
- Escort passes for someone who is not travelling with someone with special needs to provide additional assistance to the passenger to the departure gate is available. The escort must have valid photo identification and will be required to clear the pre-board screening checkpoint. He or she is also subject to the same security screening requirements as the traveler. The airlines are responsible for administering the program with the support of the Victoria Airport Authority.
- The Airport Terminal Building is equipped with one TTY phone located in the Arrivals area.
- All telephones have heightened transmission capabilities for the hearing impaired.
- The Airport Terminal Building is equipped with large signage with contrasting colours.
- Braille signage is located at washroom entrances and in the elevator.
Relieving Areas for Service Animals
- There are two areas designated as relieving areas for service animals on the grass berm located directly across from the air terminal building. These areas are equipped with waste bags and receptacles.
- Washrooms are equipped with accessible features such as wheelchair accessible stalls equipped with support bars and emergency call button/alarms, paper towel dispensers and waste receptacles at appropriate heights for wheelchair accessibility and braille signage.
- Washrooms are located in all passenger service areas of the Airport Terminal Building.
Accessible Local Ground Transportation
- Click here to view our Ground Transportation options.
Other Accessibility Features
- An elevator provides access to the second floor Administrative Offices and the third floor Observation Lounge.
- All ATM's are equipped with tactile markers.
- The Airport Terminal Building is equipped with baggage belt start-up alarms and flashing light.